Connect with us

Arts

Strictly Come Dancing’s Molly Rainford ‘scared for Coming Weeks’ After Soaring to Top of Leaderboard

Published

on

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

Strictly Come Dancing star Molly Rainford has admitted she’s feeling the pressure after jumping to the top of the leaderboard.

The Nova Jones actor is among the 15 celebrities, including Helen Skelton and Will Mellor, who signed up for the BBC’s juggernaut series this year.

Paired with professional dancer Carlos Gu, who is making his Strictly debut, the 21-year-old has been consistently wowing the judges with her moves on the ballroom floor.

Motsi Mabuse, Craig Revel Horwood, Shirley Ballas and Anton Du Beke have so far awarded the CBBC star and Carlos 65 out of a possible 80 points for their first two performances.

Most recently, the duo performed the Quickstep to Love on Top by Beyonce, with their scores seeing them overtake previous leaderboard winners Will and Nancy Xu.

However, Molly confessed she was feeling nervous when she appeared on Wednesday’s instalment of It Takes Two, alongside Carlos.

When asked by host Janette Manrara if she was feeling the pressure, Molly responded: ‘For sure. I am feeling a little bit scared for the coming weeks just because I feel like we have set a good bar and there’s pressure to keep that up.’

Molly and Carlos have been wowing the judges (Pictures: Getty / BBC)

But she did also admit it ‘felt good’ to be in the top spot on the leaderboard after scoring some nines from the judges in week two.

Carlos said that while he ‘wasn’t hoping for nines at all’ he had high expectations of Molly, and was ‘hoping for the best.’

Molly previously spoke to the Metro about signing up for Strictly, revealing she couldn’t wait to shake off her squeaky-clean image by taking on the show’s raunchier dances.

Molly likes Latin dance routines (Picture: PA)

More: Trending

Speaking about Latin routines, she gushed: ‘‘They’re the dances you’re giving the most welly to.

‘My character on CBBC is a lot more light-hearted and excited, so it’ll be fun to do [something] more serious and focused and passionate.’

It Takes Two continues tomorrow at 6.30pm on BBC Two and iPlayer.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


MORE : Strictly Come Dancing’s Graziano Di Prima gives Kym Marsh sweet kiss on cheek before heading to Movie Week rehearsal


MORE : Jake Quickenden wants to become first person to win Strictly and Dancing On Ice

Original Post: metro.co.uk

Arts

Speeding Driver Who Killed ‘selfless’ Dad-of-two in Hit-and-run Jailed

Published

on

Dad-of-three John Wilson was sentenced at the Old Bailey (Picture: Central News/REX)

A motorist who killed a ‘selfless’ father-of-two in a hit-and-run on a pedestrian crossing has been jailed.  

John Wilson, 39, was travelling at 60mph on a 40mph dual carriageway when he hit Tarsem Randhawa, 55, while undertaking another car.  

Mr Randhawa, a financial advisor, died at the scene on Great West Road in Isleworth, west London.   

Wilson, a father-of-three, was driving his fiancee’s car without a licence or insurance when he hit the victim on April 28 last year.  

He only confessed after police arrived at her home to arrest her for the offence, the Old Bailey heard.  

Mr Randhawa, a devoted Chelsea fan, was described by his son, Marco, as ‘the most innocent, humble, selfless kind-hearted man’.  

‘He was adored by everyone and the amount of love and support we received following his passing was truly overwhelming.’  

His second son, Tiago, described his father as ‘his hero’ and ‘his rock’.  

‘I thought I’d have Paps for my whole life,’ he said.  

‘I thought he’d be there as I began my career, I thought he’d be there when I got married and I thought he’d be there when I had kids. 

‘The pain of knowing that that future has been robbed from Paps, from me, from everyone has left me in a deep dark hole which can never be filled.  

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

‘We have lost someone so beautiful, everyone’s favourite person.   

‘The greatest pain is knowing how much pain Paps would have been in, to know that as quick as his death may had been there was also that split second when he knew he had lost it all.  

‘An entire life of dedication, laughter and loving, had just disappeared.  

‘To know my hero had to go through that hurts the worst, to know he was completely helpless as his life vanished as if he had never existed.’  

Wilson looked away when the brothers walked past him in the dock.  

Mr Randhawa’s sister, Binda Rai, said his death ‘tore our world apart and it remains so to this day.’  

‘My brother shouldn’t have died and he certainly didn’t need to die at such a young age and in such a brutal way. A part of me has gone with him,’ Ms Rai said in a victim impact statement.  

Sentencing him to 18 months in prison, Judge Charles Gratwicke told him: ‘You were driving above the speed limit.  

‘You were undercutting a vehicle which was observing the speed limit.   

‘Why you were speeding, only you know. If you had been observing the speed limit you could have swerved to the right and the collision could have been avoided.’ 

Wilson, of Brentford, west London, admitted causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving; causing death by driving a vehicle whilst uninsured and without a licence; and failing to stop after a traffic accident. 

He has been disqualified from driving for two years and nine months. 

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Original Source: metro.co.uk

Continue Reading

Arts

Man Admits Killing Two Schoolboys on Their Bikes the Day Before He Was Due to Go on Trial

Published

on

Jack Hart changed his plea to guilty just hours before he was due to go on trial after killing two schoolboys after knocking them off their bikes (Picture: HullLive/MEN)

A driver who killed two schoolboys after knocking them off their bikes has changed his plea to guilty the day before he was due to go on trial.

Jack Hart’s BMW struck 10-year-old Steven Duffield and Mason Deakin, 11, as they rode on a flyover at Anlaby Road in Hull.

He was said to have been speeding at the time of the incident and had driven into a bus lane.

Hart, of Anlaby Road, Hull, was refused bail and remanded in custody after he left it until the day before a trial was due to start before he pleaded guilty.

 The lengthy delay greatly increased the anguish of the bereaved families.

He had been speeding at the time of the accident and had driven into a bus lane. He later removed a dashcam.

Hart, 32, had previously denied causing the deaths of the two boys on November 2, 2020 by dangerous driving.

Mason died two weeks after the crash (Picture: MEN Media)

Steven was killed in the accident (Picture: UNPIXS)

Police were called to Anlaby Road and the two boys were rushed to hospital (Picture: MEN Media)

The pair of best friends were riding their bicycles along a busy stretch of Anlaby Road near the East Yorkshire buses garage when the accident happened at about 6.10pm.

Both boys were taken to Hull Royal Infirmary but Steven later died.

Mason was kept in intensive care and had been transferred to Leeds General Infirmary, where he remained in a coma and on life support, but he died two weeks later.

Hart appeared before Hull Crown Court for a plea hearing ahead of the trial, which had been due to start on Tuesday.

His not guilty pleas to the charges were entered during an earlier appearance at the court in June.

Hart was represented for the latest hearing by Charlotte Baines, who said that the seriousness of the case we that fact that he contravened a bus lane and had been speeding before the fatal collision.

More: News

He at first did not accept that he had anything to do with a missing dashcam, although, after the case was stood down for Hart to give further details on this, Miss Baines later said that he did not now want to put in a basis of plea over his version of that matter.

She said that Hart had indicated that he would be changing his pleas to guilty a few days or weeks ago.

She asked for Hart to be allowed bail until the day of sentence so that he could sort out his affairs. She added that he had always attended previous hearings.

‘He has been on bail throughout,’ said Miss Baines. ‘There has been no difficulty with him surrendering to bail throughout the proceedings.’

She added that she wanted to collect character references and information from a ‘health specialist’ who had been working with him.

But Judge John Thackray KC said: ‘He has had two years to get his affairs in order. He has played the system and left it to the last possible minute. His plea has come over two years later than it should have done.’

Hart curled his lip and stared ahead when he was told that he would be remanded in custody.

 Judge Thackray said that Hart faced a ‘very significant sentence measured in years’.

Hart will be sentenced on Wednesday.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Article: metro.co.uk

Continue Reading

Arts

Arsenal Make World-record Transfer Offer for Man Utd Forward Alessia Russo

Published

on

Alessia Russo has scored 10 goals in 17 games for England (Picture: Getty)

Arsenal have tabled a world-record transfer bid for Manchester United and England forward Alessia Russo, according to reports.

Russo, 23, has scored 19 goals in 44 appearances for United since signing from Brighton in the summer of 2020.

She has also developed into a key player for England, netting 10 goals in 17 caps and helped the Lionesses become European champions last summer.

Russo will be out of contract come the summer and while Manchester United are keen for her to remain at Old Trafford, talks over a new deal have not yet resulted in an extension.

According to The Athletic, Arsenal are determined to bring Russo to north London and have submitted a world-record offer to United.

While the exact figures of the proposed deal have not been stated, the world-record signing in the women’s game is currently Keira Walsh’s £400,000 move from Manchester City to Barcelona last summer.

Manchester United are yet to respond to Arsenal’s offer but are believed to be reluctant to lose Russo, who has five goals in nine Women’s Super League games this season.

More to follow…

Original Source: metro.co.uk

Continue Reading

Trending

HyLevelMedia.com